- Former US Representative (R-CA)
- Con to the question "Is the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) Good for America?"
“I don’t know what’s more odious… The consequences of this government takeover of our health care system or the way this legislation has been rammed through with backroom deals and procedural trickery.
The process put forth by the Democrats has made a mockery of all the pledges by the President of bipartisanship and transparency. I don’t know of any other legislation as consequential as this passed with such a partisan sledgehammer.
This trillion dollar monstrosity is not only an attack on every American’s freedom but will increase taxes and deficit spending in the middle of a recession when we cannot even afford the government programs we already have, all without bringing down health care costs.
This legislation is not the health care reform the American people want or deserve. All this will do is addict the American people to socialism and make us dependent on the federal bureaucracy.”
“Rohrabacher Statement on Historic Health Care Vote,” www.rohrabacher.house.gov, Mar. 21, 2010
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Member, US House of Representatives (R-CA), 1989-2019
- Ranking Member, Human Rights and Oversight Subcommittee
- Ranking Member, House Foreign Affairs Committee
- Senior Member, House Committee on Science
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Space and Aeronautics, 1997-2005
- Former Co-Chair, House Scouting Caucus
- Mujahideen fighter (Afghanistan), 1988
- Former speech writer and advisor, Ronald Reagan’s White House staff
- Assistant Press Secretary, Ronald Reagan presidential campaigns, 1976 & 1980
- Former Editorial Writer, Orange County Register
- Former reporter, City News Service/Radio News West
- MA, American Studies, University of Southern California (USC), 1971
- BA, California State University at Long Beach (CSULB), 1969
- Supporter of the medicinal use of marijuana
- Associate and supporter of Republican lobbyist Jack Abramoff
- Quoted in: