- 45th President of United States
- Con to the question "Is the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) Good for America?"
“Obamacare is a disaster. You know it, we all know it. It’s going up at numbers that nobody’s ever seen, worldwide…
Obamacare will never work. It’s very bad, very bad health insurance. Far too expensive. And not only expensive for the person that has it, unbelievably expensive for our country. It’s going to be one of the biggest line items very shortly.
We have to repeal it and replace it with something absolutely much less expensive and something that works, where your plan can actually be tailored. We have to get rid of the lines around the state, artificial lines, where we stop insurance companies from coming in and competing, because they want — and President Obama and whoever was working on it — they want to leave those lines, because that gives the insurance companies essentially monopolies. We want competition…
President Obama said you keep your doctor, you keep your plan. The whole thing was a fraud, and it doesn’t work.”
“Transcript of the Second Debate,” nytimes.com, Oct. 10, 2016
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with MDs, DOs, PhDs, JDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to health care and related issues. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to health care and related issues.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- 45th President of the United States, Jan. 20, 2017-present
- CEO, The Trump Organization (formerly Elizabeth Trump and Son), 1968-2017
- Presidential Candidate, June 16, 2015-Nov. 8, 2016
- Former Co-owner, Miss USA
- Former Co-owner, Miss Teen USA
- Former Co-owner, Miss Universe
- Co-Producer and Host, The Celebrity Apprentice, 2008-2015
- Executive Producer and Host, The Apprentice, 2003-2015
- Recipient, Honorary Doctor of Business Administration, Liberty University, 2012
- Recipient, Honorary Doctor of Business Administration, Robert Gordon University, 2010
- BS, Economics, Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, 1968
- Attended, Fordham University
- Graduated, New York Military Academy, 1964
- Attended, Kew-Forest School
- His sister, Maryanne Trump Barry, is a Senior US Circuit Judge of the US Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, appointed by Bill Clinton (previously appointed to the US District Court for the District of New Jersey by Ronald Reagan).
- His mother, Mary Anne MacLeod Trump, immigrated from Scotland
- In 2015, Forbes estimated his net worth at $4 billion
- Twitter handle: @realDonaldTrump
- Quoted in: