- Senior Fellow at the Cato Institute
- Con to the question "Is the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) Good for America?"
“Obamacare has harmed too many of my patients.
It has done so by disrupting the doctor-patient relationship and thereby worsening the quality of patients’ care. This is the heart and soul of medicine, as I have learned in in my 33 years as a practicing physician…
Obamacare’s assault on the doctor-patient relationship first manifested this time last year, when my patients began receiving cancellation letters indicating that their plans didn’t meet the law’s minimum requirements.”
“Why Doctors Give Obamacare a Failing Grade,” The Hill, Oct. 5, 2014
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with MDs, DOs, PhDs, JDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to health care and related issues. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to health care and related issues.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Senior Fellow, Cato Institute
- Visiting Fellow, Goldwater Institute
- Adjunct Instructor, Program on Political History and Leadership, Arizona State University
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine, Midwestern University
- Founder and Board Certified General Surgeon, Valley Surgical Clinics, 1985-present
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Member, Advisory Board Council, Center for Political Thought and Leadership, Arizona State University, 2014-2018
- Contributor, Arizona Medicine, a journal of the Arizona Medical Association, 1994-2016
- Former Treasurer, US Health Freedom Coalition
- Surgical Residency, Maricopa County Medical Center, Phoenix, AZ
- MD, New York Medical College
- BA, Brooklyn College, City University of New York (CUNY)
- Twitter: @dr4liberty
- Was involved in the creation and passage of the Arizona Health Care Freedom Act, which amended the Arizona Constitution in 2010
- Quoted in: