- US Congressman (D-NC)
- None Found to the question "Is the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) Good for America?"
No position found as of July 2, 2010
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with MDs, DOs, PhDs, JDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to health care and related issues. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to health care and related issues.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Member, US House of Representatives, 1911-1953
- Served on the following Congressional Committees: Committee on Expenditures, Committee on Ways and Means, Joint Committee on Internal Revenue Taxation
- Former President, Deposit & Savings Bank (North Wilkesboro, NC)
- Director, North Carolina State Prison Board, 1909-1911
- Member, State Board of Agriculture, 1903-1909
- Member, North Carolina Senate, 1908-1909
- None found
- Died, Laurel Springs, North Carolina, Oct. 1, 1954
- Born, Laurel Springs, North Carolina, Nov. 7, 1863