- Immediate Past President of Physicians for a National Health Program
- Con to the question "Is the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) Good for America?"
“[T]he sad reality is that the ACA won’t be able to achieve universal coverage. It won’t make care affordable or protect people from medical bankruptcy. Nor will it be able to control costs.
The ACA is fundamentally flawed in these respects because, by design, it perpetuates the central role of the private insurance industry and other corporate and for-profit interests (e.g. Big Pharma) in U.S. health care.”
“The Obamacare Challenge We Need? Improved, Expanded Medicare for All,” commondreams.org, Mar. 4, 2015
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with MDs, DOs, PhDs, JDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to health care and related issues. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to health care and related issues.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Immediate Past President, Physicians for a National Health Program
- Board-certified pediatrician, Unity Health Care, Washington, DC
- Founder and Medical Director, Park Rx America
- Adjunct Professor, George Washington University
- Adjunct Professor, Children’s National Medical Center
- Former President, American Academy of Pediatrics, DC Chapter
- Pediatric Residency, Texas Children’s Hospital, 2001
- MD, Baylor College of Medicine, 1998
- MPH, University of Texas, 1992
- Twitter: @DocZarr
- Quoted in: