- Chairwoman of the Republican National Committee (RNC)
- Con to the question "Is the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) Good for America?"
“We were promised that Obamacare would bring down healthcare costs with increased competition between insurance providers. We were promised we could keep our healthcare plans. We were promised that Obamacare would not raise middle class taxes. Instead, the law brought the American people rising premiums, unaffordable deductibles, fewer insurance choices and higher taxes. We were let down.
This year alone, Obamacare premiums have gone up by an average of 25%, and in some places have risen by over 100%. Individuals have insurance that they cannot afford — high deductibles distort the meaning of coverage. Under the two most popular Obamacare health plans, thousands of families have been forced to shoulder burdensome deductibles equivalent to 10% and 6% of the median American household income. This is not affordable.
Obama’s promise of ‘choice’ has turned out to be fiction for people living in more than 1,000 counties who are left with one insurance provider on their state exchanges. No one can deny Obamacare is in a ‘death spiral’ when the number of Americans with only one insurer from which to choose jumps from 2% to 17% in one year. This is not choice.”
“Obamacare Is Broken, and Republicans Can Fix It,” usatoday.com, Mar. 23, 2017
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Chairwoman, Republican National Committee (RNC), Jan. 2017-present
- Board Member, Marriage and Family Therapists
- Chairwoman, Michigan Republican Party, 2015-Feb. 2017
- Co-Chair, Mackinac Leadership Conference, 2013
- Former Manager, Ajilon
- Former Business Manager, Mills James Productions
- Former Production Manager, SRCP Media
- BA, English, Brigham Young University
- Twitter handle: @GOPChairwoman
- Ronna Romney McDaniel is the second woman to ever be elected as Chair of the RNC
- She is the niece of Mitt Romney, the 2012 Republican nominee for President. Her grandfather, George Romney, was the former governor of Michigan.
- Quoted in: