- Political Commentator for CNN
- Pro to the question "Is the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) Good for America?"
“[T]here are millions [of] reasons to celebrate Obamacare. 317 million.
That’s how many Americans — i.e., all of us — potentially benefit from the requirement that insurance companies provide flu shots, HIV screenings, prostate exams, mammograms and FDA-approved contraception for free, without a co-pay.
Plus, we all benefit from new requirements that insurance companies must spend at least 80% of our premium dollars on our health care as opposed to marketing or administration.
We all benefit from the new requirement that insurance companies publicly justify their actions if they want to raise premiums by 10% or more.
We all benefit from knowing that our insurance can now never be capped or canceled at the whim of insurance companies…
Every day, as we all see the benefits of health care reform in our lives, support for Obamacare will grow stronger. Before long, not even the most partisan Republicans will be able to attack it.”
“317 Million Reasons to Love Obamacare,” cnn.com, May 28, 2014
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with MDs, DOs, PhDs, JDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to health care and related issues. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to health care and related issues.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Political Commentator, CNN, 2014-present
- Media Trainer and Public Speaker, SallyKohn.com, 2009-present
- Political Commentator, Fox News Channel, 2011-2013
- Founder and Chief Education Officer, Movement Vision Lab, 2004-2010
- Senior Campaign Strategist, Center for Community Change, 2004-2009
- Program Associate, Ford Foundation, 2002-2004
- Strategic Advisor, Social Justice Infrastructure Funders
- Executive Director, Third Wave Foundation
- Vaid Fellow, National Gay and Lesbian Task Force Policy Institute, 1997-2000
- Consultant, Urban Justice Center
- JD, Law, New York University, 2002
- MPA, New York University, 2002
- BA, Psychology, George Washington University, 1998
- Twitter: @sallykohn
- Host of the State of Resistance podcast
- Has written for The Daily Beast, Salon, The Atlantic, and TIME Magazine
- Has given a number of TEDTalks including: “Let’s Try Emotional Correctness” in Dec. 2013, “Don’t Like Clickbait? Don’t Click” in Aug. 2014, and “What We Can Do About the Culture of Hate” in Mar. 2018
- Quoted in: