- Former Governor of Alaska
- Con to the question "Is the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) Good for America?"
“We’ve got to hold on to hope, and we’ve got to fight hard because Congressional action tonight just put America on a path toward an unrecognizable country.
The same government leaders that got us into the mortgage business and the car business are now getting us into the health care business.
Despite Americans’ decisive message last Tuesday that they reject the troubling path this country has been taking, Speaker Pelosi has broken her own promises of transparency to ram a health ‘care’ bill through the House of Representatives just before midnight. Why did she push the 2,000 page bill this weekend? Was she perhaps afraid to give her peers and the constituents for whom she works the chance to actually read this monstrous bill carefully, if at all? Was she concerned that Americans might really digest the details of a bill that the Wall Street Journal has called ‘the worst piece of post-New Deal legislation ever introduced?’
This out-of-control bureaucratic mess will be disastrous for our economy, our small businesses, and our personal liberty. It will slam businesses at a time when we are at double-digit unemployment rates – the highest we’ve seen in a quarter of a century. This massive new bureaucracy will cost us and our children money we don’t have. It will rob Americans of more of our freedom and further hamper the free market.
Make no mistake: we’re on course to have government commandeer one-sixth of our economy. The people who gave us Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac now want to run our health care. Think about that.”
“The Pelosi Bill Was Rammed Through on Saturday, But Sunday’s Coming,” Sarah Palin Facebook page, Nov. 7, 2009
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Governor of Alaska, Dec. 4, 2006-July 26, 2009
- Contributor, Fox News, 2009-present
- Host, Fox News series “Real American Stories,” 2010
- Vice Presidential Candidate, Republican Party, 2008
- Chairperson, Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, 2003-2004
- Mayor, Wasilla, Alaska, 1996-2002
- Councilmember, Wasilla City Council, Wasilla, Alaska, 1992-1996
- Sportscaster, KTUU-TV and KTVA-TV, Anchorage, Alaska
- Sports reporter, Mat-Su Valley Frontiersman
- Lifetime member, National Rifle Association
- BA, Communication, University of Idaho, 1987
- Married Todd Palin on Aug. 29, 1988 and has 5 children (Track, Bristol, Willow, Piper, and Trig)
- Was the youngest person and first female to be elected Governor of Alaska
- Was the first female to appear on the Republican Party’s Predential ticket
- Youngest son, Trig Paxson Van Palin, was born in 2007 with Down syndrome. Governor Palin has joked that Van Palin is a tribute to the rock band Van Halen
- Winner, Miss Wasilla pageant, 1984
- Finished third in the Miss Alaska pageant, 1984
- Quoted in: