- None Found to the question "Is the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) Good for America?"
No position found as of July 19, 2010
“The Washington Post newspaper is an operating division of The Washington Post Company. The Company is a diversified media company whose principal operations include newspaper and magazine publishing, television broadcasting, cable television systems, electronic information services, test preparation and educational and career services.”
“General Information,” www.washingtonpost.com (accessed July 20, 2010)
“• The first mission of a newspaper is to tell the truth as nearly as the truth can be ascertained.
• The newspaper shall tell ALL the truth so far as it can learn it, concerning the important affairs of America and the world.
• As a disseminator of news, the paper shall observe the decencies that are obligatory upon a private gentleman.
• What it prints shall be fit reading for the young as well as the old.
• The newspaper’s duty is to its readers and to the public at large, and not to the private interests of its owners.
• In the pursuit of truth, the newspaper shall be prepared to make sacrifices of its material fortunes, if such a course be necessary for the public good.
• The newspaper shall not be the ally of any special interest, but shall be fair and free and wholesome in its outlook on public affairs and public men.”
“Principles of the Post,” www.washingtonpost.com (accessed July 19, 2010)
- None found
- Quoted in: